Qtile 0.5 release notes
November 11th, 2012
This marks the first officially community managed release.
- Test framework is now nose
- Documentation is now in sphinx
- Several install guides for various OSes
- New widgets: battery based icon, MPRIS1, canto, current layout, yahoo
weather, sensors, screen brightness, notifiy, pacman, windowtabs,
she, crashme, wifi.
- Several improvements to old widgets (e.g. battery widget displays low
battery in red, GroupBox now has a better indication of which screen
has focus in multi-screen setups, improvements to Prompt, etc.)
- Desktop notification service.
- More sane way to handle configuration files
- Promote dgroups to a first class entity in libqtile
- New Layout: Zoomy
- Add a session manager to re-exec qtile if things go south
- Support for WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol
- Basic .desktop file for support in login managers
- Qsh reconnects after qtile is restarted from within it
- Textbox supports pango markup
- Examples moved to qtile-examples repository.
- Fix several classes of X races in a more sane way
- Minor typo fixes to most widgets
- Fix several crashes when drawing systray icons too early
- Create directories for qtile socket as necessary
- PEP8 formatting updates (though we’re not totally there yet)
- All unit tests pass
- Lots of bugfixes to MonadTall
- Create IPC socket directory if necessary
- Better error if two widgets have STRETCH width
- Autofloat window classes can now be overridden
- xkeysyms updated